Thursday, March 25, 2010

It's On!

I did all that stupid worrying for nothing. Kelly was awesome in taking her time and being very gentle. It took a little less than 2 hours. The only really gross part was the cement. I really thought I'd be in a world of hurt, right away. I feel a little pressure and some rubbing, but nothing too horrible right now. They say I'll get more sore as the day goes on.

I treated myself to a venti peppermint mocha frappaccino from Starbucks on the way home. It's kind of convenient that it's only half a block down the road. I also had a coupon for a free drink so I felt doubly special.

When I got home I was checking my email and I felt a "pop" and I thought, "that's strange"...then another pop and one of the brackets popped off. Back to the orthodontist's. It only took a few minutes to fix.

I stopped at Panera Bread on the way home and got some soup. Broccoli and cheese, yum!

I had picked the purple bands...what do you think?



I was shocked by how the braces really accentuate how crooked and misaligned my teeth really are.

When I asked how long I'd need them, they stated the treatment plan has it listed at 2 years. Great *dripping with sarcasm*. I'm 37 1/2 if things don't go as planned, I could still be in braces at 40. I changed my counter at the top to reflect 2 years to the day from when they went on and will change it accordingly as more information is available.

I'm going to get my hair cut in a little while. I'm going to treat myself.

Hopefully, the pain won't be too bad, I did not sleep very well last night. I'm really tired and will likely go to bed once I get back from getting my hairs cut.

Moral of the story, I shouldn't have worried, the staff is wonderful and gentle at the ortho's office and I need a nap.

:-#
<---smiley emoticon with braces.

No comments:

Post a Comment