Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Getting Closer, In More Ways Than One

OK, so I logged in this morning and see that in almost 48 hours exactly I'll be on my way to get my braces! SHOCK! HORROR!

It was like an early morning wake up call, OK, midmorning, but still...It's starting to seem real.

This morning I tried out my new Waterpik toothbrush attachment. Pretty cool. It almost feels like I was at the dentist it feels so clean. It's messy as the water goes everywhere, but from what I've read, a Waterpik is great to use the waterjet attachment to blast the food particles out of your brackets. I was rather impressed. It has ten strength settings and several attachments including a small, narrow brush specifically for cleaning braces and around the brackets. This is what it looks like:



Then I flossed and realized some of the teeth in the front that were easier to floss just a week ago, are more difficult now. I think the spacers did their work and started to move my teeth a bit. It was weird though. My back teeth have always been incredibly tight and the front were OK to floss, now the fronts pretty tight. A very weird experience. Guess I should get used to it!

Not much else to report right now. I'm going to lunch with a coworker then a 2-3 hour meeting, blech! Can I just go home now?

I did take off Thursday when I get the braces my appointment is scheduled from 10-12 so it pretty much kills the day. I just wonder if I'll need to take Friday off, if the pain will bother me enough, or that I'll be having issues such as drooling/spitting that will make it embarrassing?

Anyone know?

I suppose I'll find out when I wake up on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment