Sunday, March 21, 2010

Feeling Good!

Feeling pretty good. Ever since I had that spacer adjusted I've been feeling so much better. Very little pain. In fact, the top edge of the rubber spacers stick out and have been acting like little rubber bumpers and have been preventing me from grinding my teeth! I haven't needed the prescription medication in days! OK, may be there is some benefit to those things.

I logged in tonight to check my page hit counter, just curious to see if anyone was looking and I saw the countdown timer at the top...3 days and 14 hours until I get my braces.

*gulp*

I know I'm doing this for all the right reasons, that it is necessary, but why does the bottom of my stomach drop out when I think about it?

I went to the movies today, my husband is away this week and I had some time to myself. I went to see Alice in Wonderland in 3D. Getting to the theater, I realized that all this dental stuff is getting kind of intrusive. When did I notice this? When I went to get my snack at the concession stand.

Popcorn is out of the question, on top of being afraid of getting shells caught in the spacers, my teeth are so sensitive that if I bit down on a hard piece it'd ruin my whole day. So cross off popcorn off the list. Next, Sour Patch Kids. A world of no. Nothing sticky. So cross off Sour Patch Kids, Twizzlers, JuJu Bees...

M&Ms? Peanut no. Regular? Not in the mood. Reese's Pieces, they could be a little tough if they weren't fresh...

Then the angels sang, light streamed down from the sky...Runts! A big box of Runts! A whole box of little fruity flavored candies, NOW with Green Apple and Grape! Something to snack on for 2 hours without pain! YAY!



Made me a happy girl and the movie was amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment