Thursday, July 1, 2010

Week Fourteen---On with the POWERCHAIN.

I was not expecting the powerchain. When I went in this morning for my second adjustment I had thought of getting red and blue o-rings for the Fourth of July. I sort of chickend out and went with all electric blue. They matched my sweater and frankly, it's just a cool color.


The technician took off the old o-rings and archwire and I went to brush. When I came back I saw the matching blue powerchain. I thought, "ruh-ro!" I had read that they put a lot of pressure on your teeth...so any plans I had of having a bagelwich for lunch went out the window.

They put in a thicker, stronger archwire and then on went the powerchain. When the new wire went on I went, "wow" I could feel how much stonger it was than the previous wire, right away. Then the powerchain went on and I went "double wow!"


If you're not familiar, a powerchain is a series of the o-rings that are connected, sort of like this



O-O-O-O-O-O-O



With the o part going over each bracket to hold the archwire in place.

The pressure was immediate as well as the discomfort. I have a feeling I'm going to be on the MP diet...ie Mashed Potatoes for every meal for a while. :-( So much for hotdogs for the 4th.


Le Sigh.


First day


Week 14



After they were installed, the technician told me not only are the a neat shade of blue....

THEY GLOW IN THE DARK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


So yes, as soon as I get home I'm going to hold a flashlight up to my mouth to "charge" them and then will try to get a picture of them glowing in the dark.


Yep. I'm a nerd.

1 comment:

  1. :) i using the power chain too and now is the 3rd day and..its really hurt ya :(
    your power chain glow in the dark? cool! cause mine not :)

    ReplyDelete