Friday, May 7, 2010

Week 6 update

Well here it is, Week 6.


The pain is significantly less, I only have one or two sensitive teeth. The blisters on the inside of my cheeks from where the braces pinch them are mostly gone. It's been a good week. It's still weird to pry my lip off of my braces where it's been embedded if I roll over onto my face during the night, but it's not too bad. I say this, realizing that it's less than 2 weeks until my first adjustment. I'm just hoping that they don't get as sore as they did the day I got them.

So here's my comparison pictures:

The day I got braces
Today
and From Week 5, just to show I don't see much change from last week.
What I notice the most is the closing of the open space between my top and bottom teeth. It's kind of cool to see how much they've moved and it also explains why I can't "rip" with my front teeth anymore. I have a LOT of problems trying to bite/rip bread. Since I can't give up my bagel sandwiches, I've resorted to cutting them apart...but I'm coping.
Next week I'll be getting ready for that first adjustment....I'm excited. While I anticipate more pain from the new wire, it also means I'm closer to finishing. Approximately 688 days till I get rid of these things! (hopefully!)

No comments:

Post a Comment