Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Tomorrow....a new wire

Well by tomorrow at this time I'll have my new wire. How sore will I be? Will I be back on my mashed potatoes diet? What color bands should I pick?

So many questions, no answers. Do I stay with the purple bands? I know I like them. Should I go with patriotic blue for Memorial Day and the 4th of July? A different shade of purple? Black? Hot Pink? The choices!

I must also mention, I startled myself this morning. I glanced in the mirror and realized that the one side of my bite is almost closed already! it's so close that I can't stick the "christmas tree" brush between my jaws there! it's never been closed before...


I am so stunned with how much my teeth have moved! I'm amazed they've gone so far in such a short amount of time! If they keep moving closer like this, may be I won't need to have surgery to "realign" my jaw! I do NOT want to have my skull sawed apart if I don't have to!

I feel so much more hopeful that I did when I started this process. While I am a little hesitant about the pain I may feel after the adjustment tomorrow, who wouldn't, but may be it won't take two years after all?


:-#


Oh, one more thing, I found a product, while somewhat "wasteful" plastic wise, that is very helpful to have. They are waterless toothbrushes that have a "bead" of mouthwash in them. They do not replace regular toothpaste and a brush but are very handy to keep in your pocket for when you're out and about and don't feel like brushing in a public sink.
They come in little plastic and foil packs of 2 that have a brush with the mouthwash bead on one end and a rubber pick on the other. I like to keep them in my purse/pocket for use when I'm somewhere and am unable to either get to a bathroom to brush traditionally or just need a quick "once-over" to clear my braces. They're a little on the spendy side, but they are very handy to have and I'm thinking that it'll make travelling much easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment