Thursday, May 13, 2010

Seven Weeks

Moving right along....to me...it seems like things are moving very fast. May be not as fast as in the beginning, but still chugging along. I was sort of down this week, feeling like not much had changed. I've begun to associate the pain with movement, so to me, pain is good. It means something's moving.


This week, very little pain. VERY LITTLE. Does it mean they've stopped? My first adjustment is next week...so even if they have stopped, it's only for a week, right? Why do I feel kind of panicked? I almost WANT them to hurt. If they are hurting they are moving, the more they move may be the sooner I can get done! (that's my warped little brain thinking that I'm sure, I know the ortho said 2 years...but still)


Here is my picture from the first day:


And here is my 7 week anniversary picture:



Here I've marked it with what I think are the biggest changes:


1. On the far left you can see how much that tooth has straightened out and started moving down.


2. This too, too, has turned more straight and is aligned. The space that was forming behind it is gone.


3. This to me is the 2nd most dramatic change. In the first picture you can see how slanted it is and how big of a difference there is between the bottom edge of this tooth and the front tooth. Now, it's very nearly level with the front tooth! It's also almost in line and no longer crooked or overlapping the front tooth.


4. The is the BIGGEST change! This tooth has been pulled down so much it is almost in the right place! I was absent-mindedly chewing on the straw to my soda yesterday at lunch and instead of being able to slide right out as it always had (since my teeth have never met in the front)...I was able to hold onto the straw! For most people, that's not a big deal but for someone who's had an open bite most/if not all of their lives, it's a big deal to be able to bite something and hold onto it.


Despite all of the pain, discomfort, blisters, all of it, I'm am so happy that I decided to do this. I can see how nice it will look, how much better I'll be able to bite and it's only been the first seven weeks. It's not easy but I KNOW it will be worth it.


Now the big question for next week...what color bands should I pick? ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment