Monday, February 8, 2010

First Appointment

I had my first appointment with the orthdotontist today. He's a very nice man and his staff is polite, fun and professional.

I decided to go with the stainless steel braces rather than the clear. I may have some "complications" that would be better dealt with steel over the clear. I am not so vain that I'd be that worried by the metal.

It's costing a little more than I expected, but with the "complications" I understand why.

I had my impressions taken today. They were NOT bad. I had remembered them from when I was a kid as the worst part. I remember how rough that orthodontist was and how I kept gagging through the entire process and that it seemed like it took forever. Today, it was less than a minute per tray. The technician was gentle and no gagging.

Then I had a series of panaramic xrays and pictures taken. I asked for copies of the pictures so hopefully, eventually I'll receive them in my email and can post thost here.

In one month, I go to get spacers put in between my back teeth. These will make room for the bands that will hold onto the back teeth. Two weeks after that, I will get my "tin grin".

I must admit, I was hoping to get them on sooner, sooner on, sooner off...but I will have a vacation in the middle of the two weeks and they recommended not going on vacation with the spacers in place. If the spacers would break or pop out I wouldn't have a way to get them fixed while gone.

So. T-minus 45 days of freedom to eat gooey, chewy, crunchy stuff....

No comments:

Post a Comment