Monday, August 9, 2010

Week Nineteen

Again with the late post....so sorry. My mother had another operation on Thursday, the last one, thank goodness. She doesn't have Internet so I was very limited. I did take the obligatory picture, however.

Teeth-wise, it's been a good week (except for one incident which I'll outline later.) The pain is gone and while there's been some popping and moving, it's all very manageable. The incident was that my husband and I went for a drive on Sunday and he decided to take a dirt road...a very rutted dirt road. At one point the Jeep hit a very big pothole and I wasn't expecting it and the jolt rammed my teeth together. Boy did I see stars! Luckily it passed in a few moments.

Changes this week? I happened to notice that on the left side of my mouth, that my front teeth have moved down and they are actually beginning to over lap the bottom, almost like a normal bite! It's quite exciting! If you consider it's only been 19 weeks, it's even more amazing. The only down side is that the right side isn't coming down as quickly and my mouth is getting to look very lopsided--at least to me. Most people probably wouldn't notice.

I also noticed that the bottom teeth are much more straight from just two weeks ago, I've included that picture as well. If you look at week seventeen, you can see how the blue power chain accentuates how bowed-looking my bottom teeth are, whereas this week, it's nearly straight.

These things are amazing!


First Day
Week Seventeen
Week Nineteen
So Thursday, I'll have my next adjustment. I'm not sure what color bands to pick. If I have to go with a power chain again and I really hope not since I'll be going away for the weekend and I don't' want to be miserable, I might go with something more subtle, like the plum. If it's just bands, no power chain, then maybe I'll go with screaming pink...who knows? I won't know until I sit in the chair.
Any suggestions? LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment