Monday, April 12, 2010

Move Along, Move Along

This was both a horrible and a wonderful weekend. Friday and Saturday, the tooth to the right of my right front tooth hurt so terribly that I nearly spent those two days crying. I hardly ate anything because it was so sore.

I stared at it and realized that one of my overlapping top teeth had "popped" past the side of the front tooth it was overlapping and had moved quite rapidly. No wonder it hurt so much!

Sunday, we had tickets to a baseball game and I got a hot dog, fully expecting to have to pull it apart with my fingers. We got to our seats and I sat down and not thinking...took a bite. For a second after I realized I did it, I had a panicked moment, waiting for the pain, but there was none! I realized it didn't hurt to bite! I also realized if I kept the dog to the opposite side of my mouth, I could eat it just like I always did. It was the best hot dog ever!

My husband usually gets Cracker Jacks or peanuts at a game...but those are both on my "no-no" list, as would be the cinnamon roasted cashews, twizzlers, sour patch kids, sunflower seeds and at this point, even Skittles. So what to snack on?

Cotton Candy. I figured what the heck, first game of the season, treat yourself. When I read the back, the pillow sized bag only had 114 calories! YAY! Finally! Something worked out!

I took my time and it took the entire game to enjoy it and being that it was only the 2nd game of the season, the cotton candy was soooo fresh. It was like a little piece of heaven.

Later, we stopped at a mall so I could pick up a new cord for my iPhone and we stopped at a restaurant for dinner. We ordered some bruchetta, that came with some "Texas" toast to spread it on. I tentatively took a bite of the toast...and while it was firm, I could bite it! I ate an entire dinner like an adult and didn't have to pull it apart or cut it into pieces. It was wonderful.

I thought I'd put in 2 pictures to compare so you could see some of the changes that I am now noticing.


First Day


Today

The arrows indicate the beginnings of a space where this tooth had overlapped the front tooth!

I can't get over how quickly everything is moving. my two front teeth are almost straight up and down and side by side already. It won't be long!

No comments:

Post a Comment