Friday, April 23, 2010

A Month and a Day

Well as you might have noticed, I usually try to post at least once a week, at least on a Thursday to mark each week as things progress. Unfortunately, I was away at an out of town meeting yesterday so I could not post, but fear not! I took a picture to post!


First Day with Braces



Week Four


I'm not sure about how much has changed. I know that my right front tooth is incredibly sore right now and I can't bite anything with it. I feel more "popping"and "wiggling in the back so things must still be moving, but I don't think I notice much moving at least visually.

Two things happened this week that I didn't expect.

One: I ran into someone I hadn't seen since getting braces and I hadn't mentioned getting them to her. She exclaimed, "Oh! You got braces! They're pretty, all shiny, so sparkly. It's like bling on your teeth!" It made me feel good that the 850 times I brush a day must be paying off to keep them that sparkly!

Two: I ran into a dear friend who mentioned he read my blog. I don't know why it touched me so to know he'd actually be read and following my dental misadventures, but it did! :-#

It just dawned on me that next month at this time I'll have had my first adjustment. I'm not afraid or anything, just wondering what color rubber bands I'll choose....decisions, decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment