Thursday, October 14, 2010

Week 29

I'm doing ok. I have had some minor soreness, but nothing really to write about. I've been a little stressed as of late so I've been clenching my jaw, which is likely why my teeth have been sore. Only 3 weeks until I get my next adjustment.

I do have to admit I did have issues over the weekend with new blisters. BIG blisters. Apparently my bottom teeth have moved enough they are rubbing on "virgin" lip areas with no calluses and i had hideously huge blisters. One was a big as a map-pinhead! that round and swollen and since it stuck up so far, it kept getting caught in my braces. I was not happy.

My ortho gave me some new Kanka Soothing beads:

and they helped so much more than the Ambesol gel I had been using. Bonus: they do not taste nasty like Ambesol. They're little beads and you can either just roll them around in your mouth or hold the bead on the sore spot until it desolves. By that point, you feel nothing. I was rather impressed with them. However, they are new and I have yet to find them in a store. I will have to look again.


I still haven't decided what colors to get at my next adjustment. I'll get the next set of rubber bands on on November 4th and off on December 21 (yes that is a few days late but I have plans that Thursday and the next available appointment is the 21st...) Do I go for Christmas colors? Or just the same old, same old? Purple/Pink/Blue?

I am NOT getting orange again. the color is already faded to the point it's almost peach and I HATE peach with a fiery passion!

As always, the pictures....

First Day

Week 29

No comments:

Post a Comment