Friday, September 24, 2010

Week Twentysix--Happy Halloween--A Little Early

Fall is in the air, leaves are changing, the sun is lower and I've got black and orange chains on my braces! I had my adjustment yesterday and the good news is...I've got the "ideal" wire on the top! It's the heaviest gauge wire they use and it's square. It is for all the heavy-duty moving. The sort of "not-so-good" news is that A) I still needed chains both top and bottom and B) the bottom had not progressed well enough to get the ideal wire.

The ortho did say that he is impressed with the way things are looking and we are moving right on track...so that's a plus.

I had the lovely Helen yesterday. She makes me laugh. She was a little unsure if I really wanted the Halloween colors, but did them anyway. I think they're a trip. I mean really, its only for 6 weeks and I get them off 5 days after Halloween so what's the big deal? Now what colors do I want for Thanksgiving? Or not? My next appointment is November 4th, so it's prime to get them in Thanksgiving colors, except that they don't get changed again until December 16. So do I skip Thanksgiving and go for Christmas? I'm not sure I want to get Christmas colors on the 16th because I'll have those bands/chains until the end of January. Oh the decisions...LOL.

As always, here are the weekly pictures....I looked at the 25th week anniversary pictures and it just amazes me how far I've come in just 6 months....:-#


First Day

Week 26


 Now on the plus side, the pain from the new, heavy wire and new chains didn't start right away. I did keep ice on it during the day and took Advil before and after so the pain wasn't too bad but at eight last night my husband and I went to get dinner and the pain started with my very first bite of dinner. I was able to finish it but it was very uncomfortable. I took more Advil when I got home and some other medicine I have for jaw pain when I went to bed.

It's not horrible today, just uncomfortable. I can deal, heck look at how pretty my chompers are getting, it makes all the pain worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment